I'm getting ready for my going away party tomorrow, the grown up Leaving on a Jet Plane event. I'm working on a cake which I will, of course, take pictures of when it's done. This is a simple cream cheese frosting with a twist. I'm using it for my Devil's Food cake (from a box mix). Quick, easy, and so delicious.
Cream Cheese Raspberry Amaretto Frosting Recipe:
- 2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 lb. of confectioner's sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1 tablespoon of almond extract
- 3 - 4 tablespoons of Amaretto liqueur
- 2 tablespoons of seedless raspberry jam
- 2 - 3 tablespoons of milk, if necessary to thin the frosting
- In a large bowl, use a blender on medium speed to blend the butter and cream cheese.
- Add the almond extract and Amaretto liqueur. Blend until smooth.
- Add the raspberry jam. Blend until smooth.
- Add half of the sugar. Blend until fully incorporated.
- Taste. (This is important!) Decide if you want it sweeter. Add sugar to taste and blend until smooth. Use a little milk to thin the frosting if you want it thinner.
- Spread on your favorite cake and enjoy!