Nutty Cauliflower Soup
This golden soup has a luscious, velvety texture and subtle sweetness. Start to finish, it's ready in under an hour.
What You Will Need:
- 2-3 tbs of olive oil
- One large onion, diced.
- 2 cups of pumpkin, cubed
- 4-5 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 cups of sweet potato, cubed
- 1 small head of cauliflower, chopped any way you like
- 2-3 tbs peanut butter
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped finely
- 4 cups of vegetable broth, stock or water
- 1 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chopped parsely
- salt and pepper to taste
- An immersion blender (unless you have some other method for pureeing large quantities of hot soup!)
- Sautee the onion in the olive oil until wilted.
- Add the pumpkin, carrots, sweet potato, cauliflower, ginger, nutmeg and liquid.
- Simmer until vegetables can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Turn off the heat and let the pot cool down until it stops bubbling.
- Using an immersion blender puree everything in the pot. Keep going until there are no chunks of veggies left. Be sure the immersion blender is completely submerged and not tilted, because the soup is still HOT and it will come flying up out of the pot and land on you if you're not careful.
- Add coconut milk and peanut butter. Puree again until these are incorporated evenly throughout.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chopped parsley and stir.