I threw this together tonight. Took me 5 minutes to prepare it and 15 minutes to cook it. My child was thrilled, calling it the best string beans and chicken ever. Yum!
- 1 lb. chicken breasts, on or off the bone
- 1 tsp of salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 very juicy lime or 2 not so juicy limes
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley
- olive oil to just cover the bottom of your pan
- Sprinkle the spices and half the parsley, but not the salt, over your chicken.
- Squeeze on the lime juice, catching the seeds. Rub into the chicken. At this point, you can leave the chicken to marinate for as little as 5 minutes, or in the refrigerator all day.
- When you're ready to cook it, sprinkle on the salt and rub it around to ensure it's spread evenly.
- Pour your oil to just cover the bottom of your pan. Let the pan heat up over medium heat.
- Put your chicken in, flat against the bottom of the pan when the pan is hot enough to give you a little sizzle. Leave it for 5 or 6 minutes, until the chicken browns some. (This is a good time to start your string beans!)
- Then turn it over, turn the heat down a little, sprinkle the remaining parsley on top and let it finish cooking. Don't over cook.
- Test to see if it's done by pressing down a little on the meatiest part. You want it to have some give, but not be too soft. Once it's hard, it's overdone... don't let that happen!
- Take it off the heat, out of the pan, and enjoy! Add an extra squirt of lime juice if you're so inclined.
- 1 pound of frozen or fresh string beans.
- 1/2 tsp powdered garlic or 1-2 cloves crushed fresh garlic
- 1 juicy lime or 2-3 not so juicy limes
- 1 - 2 tsp of butter, depending on your taste - or none. It's not necessary, just tasty!
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped fine
- Prepare your string beans: If you use fresh string beans, trim them and blanch them for 5-7 minutes or so in boiling salted water. If you're using frozen string beans, prepare according to directions.
- When they're done, drain them and return them to the hot pan.
- Drop in the butter first, and mix a little to melt it.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir.
- Done! Delicious.